1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Myra + Andy + not so simple lighting =

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Phillip Ino, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Here's another teaser! Shot the first portion of this awesome couple's e-session yesterday and wanted to try some tough night shooting. 2 speedlights strategically placed and triggered again by my oh-so-trusty CyberSyncs. Please let me know what you think about the shot. :smile:

3791554864_d58de9a24a_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Im not sure this works. I think the light placement needs some work. I dont, however, know where it needs to be. I will have to survey the frame more.

Love the idea, though.

3. the couple gets too lost for me.

4. I think I'd maybe look at a crop from the sax player to the "emcee", so that they are in the middle of the 2 characters - takes out some of the business in the frame. I think a hair light or different placement so that her hair didn't get lost in the dark would've been nice to have. Definitely a creative concept that requires more exploration.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Aww man...I like it! It's moody and a bit dramatic. I couldn't spend more time there unfortunately, the sprinklers came on shortly after. Thanks for the comment :smile:

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

That was sort of the idea. To not be so predictable. Shucks! :tongue:

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin

Appreciate the feedback. I only have 2 lights to work with :smile:

8. LOCOEJ

LOCOEJ

Jan 30, 2009
    Bay Area
    I like! Good Job Phillip!

This picture is totally different and that's what I love about it.

I wonder how it looks in color?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.