Mystery Photos found in wrecked camera on trail

I would probably freak out if I was the owner and come across with these pictures in the net. lol!

Ya know, .....

this could possibly make for one hell of a prank... stage some photos that yer out hiking, then get some photos looking like yer getting attacked by el-chucacabara or something, and just leave it out for a hiker.

see if you make the news.

lol

interesting.. if i realized i lost my camera i'd flip and go all out to find it.. some people can care less tho

Based on its condition I think they thought it was a total loss. It was and they didn't realize the photos were still on the SD card and not destroyed. They just didn't pack out their trash.

I was just going through today's photos and I found one of the camera
so here it is:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Try a google search with words like "Lost camera, Colorado" etc - the owner might have posted in a forum somewhere and Big Brother could find it.

I was just going through today's photos and I found one of the camera
so here it is:

Phewwww, thats pretty beat up. . . haha i have a feeling that youre right and they just thought it was a lost cause. . . And im sure they wouldnt want the camera back even if they didnt. Maybe some of those pictures you got though

it has lived for 2 years out in the Colorado mountains....that could just be natural abuse on the camera and not the source of foul play or Sasquatch attack

cool story nonetheless!

Alien abductions happen quite often there. Usually they send out people to remove all traces. Now that you pop up with the camera, you might be putting your family in jeopardy.

On a hike today on the Lost Lake trail near Eldora, Colorado I stumbled across a smashed and rusted point and shoot digital camera. I used it as a prop in a couple of photos of the waterfall on the trail and then I thought. Hey, I wonder if it has a memory card in it.

It was pretty beat up but I managed to get the sliding door on the bottom of the camera open to find a 128MB SD card. The contacts looked kind of dirty so I popped it in my pocket to take home and clean up.

The camera turned out to be a Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z75 which was reviewed in January of 2007 by DPReview.com I was able to access the card once and copied the photos from the card to my laptop. I only got some of them but the date on them is 09/15/2007 and the some of the photos are of the University of Colorado football game agains Florida State University. I checked the CU website and they did play (and beat) FSU 09/15/2007 in a night game.

The woman in some of the photos is wearing a FSU baseball cap so I wonder if they were from Florida.

Kind of an interesting mystery, eh?

The gold contacts on the SD card are flaking off so I'm not sure I'll be able to access the card again. I've just got what I copied to my HD during the one time it read the card.

Best Regards,
Roger

I'll keep an eye out for her at the FSU games this fall :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom