Mystery Subject

I really was not quite sure where to put these. Is it an Event, a Sport, just something Intereting?

The question is, what is it? Bonus points to anyone who can guess the Where :wink: The winners will win a fabulous prize, the only thing I am sure of is that while I was out looking for an Osprey, I didn't find one.....

Take your best shot.....

DSC1962.sized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC1971.sized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kitesurfing in Puget Sound near American Legion Memorial Park/Emerson Community College? (Unless you took a drive to the Columbia Gorge)

Those are kitesurfing "kites".

C

***EDIT - corrected spelling of Puget Sound.

:oops:

Kite surfing for sure at the beach. Or in a river or a
lake.

We have alot of that down here. These guys are really good at that. Fun to watch.

Nice pics

Oh, crap, I should have used the "liquefy" filter or something in Photoshop to make it tougher :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except for old "Generic Paul" everyone else was specific to Kite Surfing, which these are. Location, as many guessed, is the West Coast of the US, and yes Puget Sound is the place. These are flying off the West Coast of Jetty Island which is a little barrier island by the Everett Marina. The funny part of this is that I went to a boat launch in Everett looking for Osprey, saw not a danged one, but when I looked across the river I saw a bunch of these in the air. Couldn't see the boarders, just the kites in the sky. I like the fact that the lines are pretty much invsible.

There are supposed to be 25 active Osprey nests on the island, so I'm going there on Saturday when they keep it open late, takes a ferry to get there and it normally stops running just before 6PM. Maybe I'll get lucky and get some shots of both the birds and the boarders this time.

Now I have to go and find something much more "mysterious"........

Oh, yeah, you all win the super prize, now the mystery is what the heck is the prize and how do you claim it :?: :?: :?:

Man, I was pretty close then...

As for the prize...I guess: a couple of full resolution shots of those kitesurfers? Downloaded from your website?

C

You got it Chong.

Cory, darned close, except that "Puget" doesn't have an "N" in the middle :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll try to get a few for you on Saturday with somebody hanging off the other end.

The first time I ever saw these I was in Southern Calirornia, fishing out off the PV Penninsula out of Long Beach Harbor. Looked back toward shore and saw this great big kite, and then noticed someone hanging about 20 feet above the water :!: This was about 7-8 years ago, now you see them everywhere. What was so neat about these is that I could not see the people, just the kites above the top of the island, well, the top is probably only 50 feet or so above sea level anyway so it isn't much of a "top" :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom