1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

N90s

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by CRavsten, May 5, 2011.

1. A friend gave me an N90s in mint condition. Is it a good camera...anyone use it? Pros and cons.

2. I had two of them - one is still working and I have always loved it. Not the most feature-rich film body for its day, but the matrix metering and autofocus are great.

Sean

3. I have an F90X, the out-of-the-US version of an N90S. I agree with Sean, it's a great camera. Especially for what you paid for it!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    If you like a good solid AF body, the 90 is just fine.

5. Throw a roll of film in there, and fire away! :) 

6. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    The only problem I had with the N90 is that you can't use any of Nikon's "G" lenses. All the others work fine. It is a handy back up body. Enjoy. :smile:

7. gary2881

gary2881

Mar 2, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
    I like mine with manual glass, and manual exposure. The shutter wheel is in the right place for my thumb. Great camera for really cheep now.

Gary

8. I loved the two that I owned. It's not built as solidly as the F100, but it's about as much fun. Enjoy!

9. Congrats, Clayton, light that candle!

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They work correctly in S and P modes.

11. I appreciate the input from everyone. I ordered a +.5 diopter for the N90s and it arrived today. So now comes the ultimate test of a camera...load some Tri X and see how it works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.