Nadja Marina update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Dec 28, 2005.

1. Well, my daughter is now 3 weeks and 4 days old and since the response on the first post was so nice, I think I owe you a "short" update.

General: We had a few problems in the beginning which rather concerned my wife. She did not produce enough milk and took this very personal and dramatic. For me as a husband - it almost broke my heart to look at my wife giving the breast to her baby and weeping bitterly at the same time (as Bob the Spiderman put it in a private email - she felt very inadequate). Next day I went and bought some baby food to add which Nadja took greedily. Now everything is o.k., she is constantly gaining weight and her cheeks are getting rounder each day. Also Helen feels much more positive now.
    There was another little excitement a few days ago when Helen accidently dipped Nadja's face in the water during bathing (her first diving lesson I called it :smile: but Helen took it rather serious again).

Anyway, at least one in the house has to remain cool and now things go well and I went back to work yesterday.

Photos: Babys, especially newborns have horrible skin tones - a mixture of red and yellow. After a while I gave up the attempt to correct them and accepted what I got.

O.k., a few pics - I love her she's such a cutie.

Getting familiar

original.

Home at last

original.

2nd favorite place (favorite place is Mama's breast, of course); this pic was taken by Helen with a CP 5700

original.

Well earned dinner

original.

When they are peacefully sleeping together, that's my favorite view of my two ladies

original.

Slowly I can turn back to my usual activities, but Nadja will surely continue to draw all attention to herself. But hopefully I now have more time again for the Café.

There are a few more pics here:http://www.pbase.com/rovebeetle/nadja_marina

I hope you enjoy the pics.
    Cheers

2. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Beautiful

Thank you for sharing your precious daughter with us.

3. this is an incredible series. thanks for sharing these with us. a lovely, loving family you have there.
    Dave

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Absolutely Beautiful

What more can I say.

Thank You for sharing.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful

Thanks for sharing, Harry. I thoroughly enjoyed each image and your narration as well. A wonderful dream come true for you and your wife.

6. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Harry, this series and your narration is beautiful! Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us.

7. Thank you, Harry. It's so beautiful.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great story and wonderful pics Harry. You have a beautiful family. :smile:

9. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Nice daughter you got added to your family :smile: Keep on shooting. The images will be treasured over time for sure.

Don't worry about infants getting water in their face - they have a "water reflex" up to an age of 6 months at least and you could literally throw them into water without doing any harm (I've tried).

Funny issue for me was that I misread your daughter's name as Najas marina, which incidentally is one of my favourite aquatic plants besides being a Red List endangered species :biggrin:

10. Brilliant series and commentary. That last picture should be made into a GIANT print and put in a frame.

BW. Bob and Pam

11. Thanks all!

Well, I knew, but obviously my wife didn't, and she's still sceptic.

It seems, we scientists cannot wholly escape the subjects we study :smile: - don't ask me how often I mistake something for a beetle name.

Bob: You can bet that the last pic will end up at our wall.

Cheers

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh, babies are such wonderful things! Every day my longing to have another gets much stronger....and you only add to this w/your beautiful daughter's pictures. Thanks for sharing her with us....

13. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Wow, wonderful series Harry. I am really touched viewing them. My wife went through the same heartache when my son David was born. She felt like a failure when she couldn't sucessfully breast feed him. To complicate matters he also had a cleft pallet which prevented him from being able to have any suction. I remember many nights holding him in the rocking chair and trying to get him to take an ounce of formula. It would take over an hour to get an ounce into him. Once again thank you so much for sharing these with us. She is indeed a beautiful baby. :smile:

14. What a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on the newest addition.
    And that last photo is a masterpiece. Don't let anything happen to the file- you'll treasure it for decades.

15. Patrick...watch out! We tried for a girll...our third was a boy again. However this was a point of leverage; Stephen (Who was almost Anne Noelle) gave us three grand daughters!

Congratulations. The last shot obviously is the best. What a truly beautiful woman your wife is! That image generates so many feelings of warmth, love and tenderness. In a few short years (relatively speaking) when the day comes to walk up the aisle with Nadja that picture will have even more meaning.

Rich

16. These are wonderful shots Harry and chronical an event that will always be precious.

17. Congratulations on your absolutely beautiful family!

18. Thanks once again, my friends!

I have already backed up all NEFs.

That last pic is also my personal favorite. I have not yet decided at what size I will print it, but it will definitely embellish a wall in our flat very soon.

Happy New Year!