1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NAS Help! Which lens next?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by ftslogger, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    Okay - so I've been wanting a new lens for a while now...but I dunno which would be best..

I've had my eyeball on the Sigma 30 1.4, 85 1.8, 300 4, a macro...or a fish eye.

Price has to be under 500ish new or used.

My current line up is...D300 and D50

35-70 2.8
    12-24 4
    18-200 VR
    50 1.8
    70-200 2.8

sb800, sb600

Keep in mind I have most of my focal range covered...

I shoot a lot of people, and landscapes. My photog money maker is weddings...so a fast prime would be awesome, I think.

2. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    It would be the Sigma 30mm for me.

3. The sigma, or the fisheye. My clients LOVE fisheye pics, but obviously not for the 16x20 or larger wall prints. It has paid for itself though. The 30mm is my favorite indoor, (chase the kids) lens on the D300. Both are excellent and more than worth what they cost.

4. The Cream Machine is the ultimate portrait lens. It will delight you and your clients.

5. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I agree with the fisheye mentioned above - a unique perspective non of your other lenses can provide.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.