NAS Oceana Airshow security question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SLRShooter, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I plan to attend the Oceana airshow in September but have a question about what they post on their security section.

They state that no large camera bags, nor backpacks will be allowed. My question to someone who has attended this show - is that true or just boiler plate statements? I have a lot of gear and normally take either a backpack or a rolling bag.

thanks,

Norm

2. Norm,

Suggest you try to call the Public Affairs Office, ask them your question.

[I did that when it was not clear what the situation was at the Centennial at Fort Drum - Sackett Airfield. They were very helpful.]

3. Norm, I think I can help you out with this. PM me your phone number. I talked with the base PAO there. I have the media registration form you need to send into them.

God Bless,
    David

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  4. Like to thank David (seabee1999) for his great assistance. He went way out of his way and called the PAO himself and before I even received this post. They emailed the form to him which will allow me to bring my camera gear in a large rolling bag. Then he called me followed up with an email with all the information and the form.

Now that is what I call going beyond the norm for a Cafe member. Again, my thanks to a great cafe member.

Norm

5. You are welcome Norm. I am glad to have been a help for you.

God Bless,
    David