NAS Oceana Airshow security question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SLRShooter, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I plan to attend the Oceana airshow in September but have a question about what they post on their security section.

They state that no large camera bags, nor backpacks will be allowed. My question to someone who has attended this show - is that true or just boiler plate statements? I have a lot of gear and normally take either a backpack or a rolling bag.

thanks,

Norm

2. Norm,

Suggest you try to call the Public Affairs Office, ask them your question.

[I did that when it was not clear what the situation was at the Centennial at Fort Drum - Sackett Airfield. They were very helpful.]

3. Norm, I think I can help you out with this. PM me your phone number. I talked with the base PAO there. I have the media registration form you need to send into them.

God Bless,
    David

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  4. Like to thank David (seabee1999) for his great assistance. He went way out of his way and called the PAO himself and before I even received this post. They emailed the form to him which will allow me to bring my camera gear in a large rolling bag. Then he called me followed up with an email with all the information and the form.

Now that is what I call going beyond the norm for a Cafe member. Again, my thanks to a great cafe member.

Norm

5. You are welcome Norm. I am glad to have been a help for you.

God Bless,
    David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.