NAS strikes again........Pics added

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by olddogg, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Well, I have a LNIB 35-70 2.8 coming from a fellow Cafe'er by Priority Mail. Will probably arrive tomorrow. I can resist anything but temptation. LOL, and Yippee!

Let me say this as well. My first purchase from the "For Sale" forum, and I liked doing business this way. I've gotten some glass from eBay, and luckily never had a problem, though I've not been comfortable there. I think I'll avoid the Bay from now on. (Thanks Craig)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
  2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Congrats on the new glass Jack. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it when it arrives.

3. Congratulations. I don't feel too bad buying from ebay. As long as the seller is legit, answers questions in a timely manner and has a healthy selling record, Ebay is a good place to buy. I've had no problem selling/buying on the 'cafe. I've been in here since 2005 and have had zero problems.

4. Me too, Robert. I've seen several posts extolling this lens' IQ. Also it functions as a macro at 35mm. All for a price that's user friendly. Been thinking about this lens for awhile, and the lust finally reached the tipping point. It seems like sort of a "normal" lens with some additional reach. I'll try to post some images when I get it. New glass always sends a thrill up my leg. lol

5. NAS got me last night too. Got the 24-70 from the for sale section! :-D

6. Thanks. I did have one seller that took a long time to answer emails. I got a bit concerned after a time, but he had a good selling record, and I did get the lens in good shape, if not in a timely fashion. It was a 17-35 for a nice price, so glad it worked out. But I sure feel easier on the Cafe.

7. I don't know you, but you're a dirty dog. lol (Congrats. I have lust for that one too)

8. Jack,

Let me know when the lens arrives. I look forward to seeing your shots. I've got some great shots out of that lens :smile:.

Craig

9. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    ohhh man, you're not the only one with NAS!! I just bought a very clean 85/1.4 here in the for sale section and WOW!!!! Sad thing is I'm still looking in that section for good deals, lol...

congrats on your purchase, BTW!

10. Will do, Craig.

11. That lens is next on my lust list, but the family financial mgr says I've got to cool it for awhile. Oh well, can't complain...........

12. congrats, jack
    i can't wait to see you put it to good use

good luck

13. Got it Craig. Thanks again for a smooth and quick transaction. Lens looks great, pristine. Shots to follow.

14. Took a few snaps walking around the Eureka Marina with the 35-70. Not great shots, flat midday light, but the lens seems sharp enough, contrasty. Agree? Seems like it will live up to it's rep as a sleeper bargain in the world of Nikkor glass. These are jpegs, pretty much straight from the camera, moderate sharpening in camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wide open at 2.8:
    [​IMG]

15. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I am glad the lens got to you safely.

These early samples good to me Jack, that last wide open shot really shows what this glass will be capable of. I look forward to seeing your future efforts.

16. Thanks

Thanks Craig. Near high noon, so no golden hour aspect to the light, but the lens is sharp enough. I already knew that of course, having seen your shots with it. I expect to get out tomorrow to get to know the lens a little better. But it has a spot in my bag, that's for sure.

17. Hi Greg