Nashville, TN.

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by JohnC, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Oh, and I learned something about the barreling of this 18-135mm lens. If you make sure the camera is level, it doesn't really distort much at all.

Both pictures are as shot, no editing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  2. I kind of like the first one with its vibrant colors. There is some barrel distortion and the main building tilts to the right.

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    John,

I really like your treatment of the reflections!! It is neat how each light produced its own individual sphere of color!!

EXCELLENT!

4. Thanks for the help, greyflash. The barreling is less on the new picture, or am I seeing things? Both were shot with the 18-135mm Nikkor at 18mm almost in the same location.

Thanks, gadgetguy11. Right click save as if you want to keep it. I can send you the full size by email if you want a large copy. :smile:

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks, John!

I just PM'ed you with my direct email address.

6. Very nice John. I also like the reflections. The distortion that Gordon mentioned can probably be corrected in PP.

7. I haven't got a PM yet. Maybe the server is slow? :confused:

Hmm, never used PP for any more than resizing and D-lighting. LOL I'll have to look and try it out. Thanks for the help! :smile:

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky

My Bad. It never left my computer. You should have it now.

9. I sent two as shot from my D80. No editing or resizing at all. :smile:

10. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Got them!!

WOW!

Thanks a lot! I'll gladly return the favor - have mostly images of animals, San Francisco, San Diego, and Chicago.

11. Shoot me a couple of your favorite shots from Chicago if you feel like it. :smile:

12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    PM me your email address so I can send your choice of NEF or jpeg files.