1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nashville War memorial

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by TCMony, Aug 28, 2008.

1. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Here is a shot from my recent trip to Nashville. This is an amazing memorial and city. Let me know what you think.

2807534266_928d566205_o.

2. Hotplate

Hotplate

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I like this shot.. there's a lot of interesting subject in Nashville to point a lens at. What was your kit for this shot?

3. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Thank you for the compliment. I shot this with the D700 and 14-24. I had to wait a while for someone to walk into my image, I showed up right before everyone started walking to work.

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I'm a sucker for columns (something to do with my Art History class in college, I think...!:biggrin:) , so when I saw your photo, my immediate reaction was, "Yeeessss!!!"

I say all that to say, nice shot - I like it a lot!!

5. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Nice framing and capture. I lived in Nashville from 1966 to 1989 (infancy through college). It has changed so much over the decades. Where the pro football stadium resides today was formerly Nashville Bridge company. They built large river barges and would launch them down a sled into the river from where the stadium sits. It would make huges waves on the far side of the river. They have a great fireworks display there every July 4th at Riverfront Park. They close the adjacent bridges so people can stand on them to see the show and listen to the Nashville Symphony Orchestra perform. Lots of great stuff to shoot there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.