Nasty Brown Spider

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jryoung1947, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Man, I almost had a coronary today. I go out to take some Iris shots and go to brush a leaf off an iris and Gadzeeks. He did not seem to bother the slug. Is this a brown recluse?

552894455_ee58505287.

552894291_a4a460c74f.

552894843_25aefeb058_o.

552671186_5f958ad707_o.

2. Certainly an interesting looking spider, but not a brown recluse.
    Michael

3. This is one of the most dangerous spiders in the world.:eek::eek::eek:

It is known as the TGSDH. 'Throat Grabbing and Strangling to Death Harvestman.':biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh I am very naughty.:biggrin::biggrin: A more peaceful Arachnid would be very hard to find. In fact it is not a spider at all.
    Harvestmen are arachnids (8-legged arthropods) but NOT spiders. Spiders are also arachnids. Spiders have two body parts (fused head-thorax and abdomen), two fangs, and produce silk. Harvestmen do not produce silk (like spiders), have no fangs, and have one body part, not two as in spiders, nor three as in insects. Spiders have waist, Harvestmen do not but they have long legs. Sorry JR.

Leiobunum rotundum - a harvestman - Family: Leiobunidae See below.

http://www.arachnology.be/pages/Opilio_QandA.html

Please do not tell Harry S what I have done.

LOL Bob F.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2007
  4. Don't be sorry I love these posts. It is somewhat analogous to the Eagle posts which are Vultures. Keep them coming! He is still there still sitting on the white Iris.

5. I don't need noone to tell me - I have my eyes and ears everywhere. Lena once had an affair with a KGB agent and learned a lot from him :biggrin:
    BTW - you are the spiderman.

Nice shots JR!

6. :biggrin::biggrin:OMG. Now I know. You were the victim of a 'Honey Trap' that misfired. Poor Helen. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

LOL Bob F.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harry and Bob you two are a trip:)))))

Love all the information though.

I would have thought the same. The nasty spider. Sooooooo now i know

Great shots

8. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice shots. It's a weird looking fellow the harvestman. I understand your concern. :smile: