Natalia Dormer - colourisation

A colouring challenge from another site...

I guess because of the hair and other things...went for a change of skirt as well.

Best wishes Ray

Unknown Model V2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
The pattern on the skirt is impossible, as it doesn't change as it should with the folds of the material. I don't think it is possible to put it right, you have tried something that is too hard. I suggest changing to a colour with no pattern. Apart from that it looks great.

The pattern on the skirt is impossible, as it doesn't change as it should with the folds of the material. I don't think it is possible to put it right, you have tried something that is too hard. I suggest changing to a colour with no pattern. Apart from that it looks great.
Of course Richard...I se now...

I thought it worked BUT...of course NO...the pattern should be of someone sitting in the same position.....

A good call....dare I say...as always

Hope you have had a good Easter and kept safe...

Will do a colour version for the skirt...thank you again

Best wishes

Ray

Hi Richard

Adjusted

Best wishes Ray

Unknown Model colured skirt.jpg

Yes thanks. Looking forward to our second jab.

That is perfect now.
Thanks for the heads up Richard...

Had my 2nd Phizer jab and unfortunately, as advised at the time, a bit of a reaction...all ok now but quite ill for a couple of days....yet no probs with the 1st.

Anyway...all done....no real issues and hopefully more and more will be vaccinated and better protection for us all.

Best wishes Ray

Look up using a diplacement map to get the plaid (texture) to wrap around the folds of the dress. Lindsey Adler had a video on making the displacement mask so that shadows would bend in while highlights would bend out. I'm sue there should be others that work with it.

Look up using a diplacement map to get the plaid (texture) to wrap around the folds of the dress. Lindsey Adler had a video on making the displacement mask so that shadows would bend in while highlights would bend out. I'm sue there should be others that work with it.
Brilliant...thank you John.

I think when I look now I should have taken sections of the skirt etc and laid them into the image at the angles by theich the dress was falling...

I have just dropped in in soft light mode whereas that does not account for the shadows and the shape etc.

Really appreciate your help with this....thank you very much

Best wishes Ray

Real Name
Mike
That's a hard one for sure. I think more subtlety, softness, and pastel colors would look more natural.

That's a hard one for sure. I think more subtlety, softness, and pastel colors would look more natural.
Many thanks mjcmt

Yes, I was unsure about which direction to take: others in the other site had already gone for strong colours so I just followed suite but an alternative more delicate colouring might be better.

Thanks for the heads up...

Best wishes Ray

Still trying to sort the skirt out...LOL

Ray

Unknown Model colured skirt.jpg

That pattern is now believable, well done. I imagine that was pretty difficult.
Hi Richard...

First of all thank you for spotting what I should have realised.

To do this, I made3 separate copies and then placed them one at a time on the skirt. I rotated and dragged etc and then masked as necessary...I did the same for each section etc.

Must thank you again...you set me a challenge and 4.00 am I was thinking how do I change that...about 5.00 am, I started to do it...LOL

Best wishes

Ray

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom