Natalie in available light, S5 Pro high ISO

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil K, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Capture this just before lunch. Available light, ISO 1600, S5 Pro jpeg straight from camera with resizing and sharpening only.

original.

2. Very nice portrait. I like the skin colors and, off course, the creamy background isolating the model...

3. Such a pensive mood, lovely

4. This is a lovely image Phil, I like it a lot.

5. Phil, outstanding...

6. Nice shot Phil! Great skin tones...

7. Michael, Dave, Gordon, John and Jim, thank you very much for your kind words.

8. Sweet shot Phil, excellent use of available light.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Nice shot Phil. What were your camera settings for this? Film sim mode or a custom setting. I'm still getting the feel for my S5 and curious what you used.

10. hangman

hangman

Aug 13, 2006
    Lone Star State
    Is this taken with the 200 f/2?

11. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    What a combo...Fuji S5 + 200VR! Love the mood of this one, Phil. Wow, ISO 1600.

12. Phil,

1600?! That is amazing - What lens was this with?

Great shot.

Paul

13. Thank you very much Frits.

Thank you Charles. This one was with STD Film mode. Most other settings were STD I believe.

Thank you very much. Yes, it's with the 200 F/2 VR.

Thank you very much Banhup. I was walking to my room with the 200VR and saw Natalie at the other end of the dinning room and so use the combo to take this photo.

Thank you Paul. It's with the 200VR. S5 Pro is very good at high ISO.

14. Very nice Phil! Are you happy with S5?

Thanks, Anthony

15. Thank you Anthony.

I like the S5 Pro very much. I use it mainly as a walk around camera, taking JPEG with minimal PP. I use auto ISO and most of the time don't use a flash in low light and indoor.

16. A beautiful photo, Phil.... nice to see the S5 at high ISO's with no noise. Lovely skin tones.

17. Thank you Sandi. The S5 is a very nice camera, and I'm sorry that the grid doesn't fit you.

18. Phil, Does your S5 have any issues getting the focus right in low light situations? I see a lot of examples that are soft when the light is dim.

19. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Phil. I'm very pleased with my S5.:smile:

20. Brain, I don't have such a problem. AF in low light can be tricky sometimes, just like any other camera.