National 2011 Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC

Im planning on being at the Kite festival and blossoms around 10 or so. Would any cafe members be interested in meeting for a shoot this Sunday morning?

Im planning on being at the Kite festival and blossoms around 10 or so. Would any cafe members be interested in meeting for a shoot this Sunday morning?

I was planning on going to the kite festival, as that is a real neat event and one which I haven't been able to attend yet, though I learned of the weather forecast yesterday and will now wait until I see what the weather turns out like before I decide what to do.

let's hope its not too harsh on the buds. Anyone for sunrise shoot one day next week?

I was planning on doing a sunrise shoot on Monday morning, but now I'll be waiting to see what type of weather we get this weekend before making any plans as we have some inclement weather in the forecast for this weekend.

I just read about the weather predicted on the Baltimore Sun, and there's a possibility the grass will get a snow covering. If so, that would make for some interesting cherry blossom photos for anyone wanting to deal with the much colder (up to 20 degrees colder than normal) weather we are also expected to see.

It also said there may be some rain Tuesday night, though after that the weather should warm up and be back in the 50's during the day which is the norm.

Hopefully there isn't a lot of rain/wind so that the cherry blossoms will remain on the trees until later in the week when it warms up and things will hopefully be better weather wise.

Just saw that myself. I did get some rain covers for my gear, and I'll wait until later in the week to make that final decision. I went to the kite festival last year and it was really fantastic so I may tough it out. (snow might be interesting to shoot, but rain I will likely cancel)

Did anyone go to the kite festival today? The inclement weather held off for most of the area, and it didn't end up being as cold as expected. I thought the weather was going to be bad so I didn't even try to make an attempt to go today.

There is some rain in the forecast for this week. I didn't get all of the exact details, but right now I see one report where DC is expected to get some rain on Wednesday and Friday.

The website said the kite festival was postponed. Rescheduled date is supposed to be posted today. Fireworks are also at 8:30 this coming saturday and at 2pm there will be a pillowfight at the washington monument. Over 200 people participated last year.

My wife and I will be in DC on the 14th ...
would anyone know if there will still be any blooms left by then ?

ron

There may be some still left, though by then many of them will have fallen off the trees. How much rain/wind we get will have a big factor on that.

Parking update: I went down to the Tidal Basin today, and I went to park on East Potomac Park. There are now restrictions for both the street parking and the parking lots on East Potomac Park. They have signs stating that you cannot park in those areas prior to 9 a.m.

A few years ago they started those restrictions for the street parking on West Potomac Park, and I noticed last year they started those restrictions for the street parking on East Potomac Park. This year they have added the parking lots on East Potomac Park to the places where you cannot park during certain hours.

Taking Metro, getting off at the Smithsonian Metro station, and walking to the Tidal Basin is probably your best option.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom