National Mall

Real Name
Bill Walderman
I haven't posted much recently. The gloomy weather hadn't been favorable to photography, and I was somewhat at loose ends for a while waiting for my turn to get vaccinated and feeling like the world was receding further and further from me. But now the weather has improved, and so has my state of mind, with a vaccination appointment for Friday. Last Sunday I took a walk with my dog on the National Mall in DC and started taking photos again. I've already posted a photo of the Capitol behind a fence and one of the Smithsonian, which was more like a technical exercise in shallow depth of field, but I thought I'd post a few more photos from that walk. I'm a little uneasy about posting my own amateurish efforts here when I see so many wonderful, expertly processed images by others, but I'll give it a try.

1. Arts and Industries Building
_WJW0214.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Hirshhorn Sculpture Garden

_WJW0225.jpg

3. Air and Space Museum under construction
_WJW0227.jpg

4. Smithsonian Castle
_WJW0238.jpg

_WJW0239.jpg

_WJW0199.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
A very delightful set!!! I'm glad you posted these! Love the Smithsonian Castle at night - and the one after it! Very creative and well done!

Those are great, Bill. Looking forward to the A&I / Castle building reopenIng. I remember as a child seeing the rockets in that area before they built the Air and Space Museum. The dusk images are well captured.

Agree, with your weather comments. Despite the lack of snow accumulation, we have had many days of precipitation locally.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Nice set! I especially enjoy the photo of the Washington Monument. Just do me the favor, please, of straightening it so it doesn't look like the Leaning Tower of Washington. :ROFLMAO:

Does this look better?

_WJW0239-3.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom