Critique National Museum of Military Vehicles

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The National Museum of Military Vehicles is about 8 miles out of Dubois, Wy....... a VERY rural little town about 250 miles east of Yellowstone. Dan Starks (a former attorney and CEO of St. Jude Medical) is the man responsible for this extensive collection. He built a 400,000 square feet building to house it all, then installed state of the art lighting, banners, and historical information to accompany the items. All items are in functioning condition and some are one of a kind. The National Museum of Military Vehicles was recognized as one of the 10 best new attractions in the U.S. for 2020 in a national competition conducted by USA Today.

The lighting is superb.....but has strong color casts of yellow or blue or other colors. I wasn't sure how I would manage the color casts during post-processing, but knew first I needed to focus on capturing compelling images. No flash. As it turned out, my custom camera color profile handled the colors extremely well and I had to do very, very little post processing! Here are just a few of the images I created.

Please visit my web page / gallery. I think it came out rather well!

_85A8562-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_85A8556-X3.jpg

_85A8561-X3.jpg

_85A8570-X3.jpg

_85A8552-X3.jpg

Attachments

• _85A8562-X3.jpg
    _85A8562-X3.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 85
Real Name
Dan
Very interesting, Karen. Quite a hobby. On a side note I think it speaks volumes about our society that a lawyer becomes CEO of a prominent health care company.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very interesting, Karen. Quite a hobby. On a side note I think it speaks volumes about our society that a lawyer becomes CEO of a prominent health care company.
Thanks for looking, Dan!
Never knew this was there. I’d love to see it. Best part is it free to veterans.
Yes, it is free to veterans.....and tells their stories....
Excellent documentary photos!
Appreciate the encouragement so much, Mike!
Nice stuff Karen. Captures the spirit of the museum very well.
Thank you! I'm happy with the way the images turned out. The help up the tour for about 10 minutes till we arrived...and then we stayed until the doors closed! LOL!
sorry karen, those are some awesome photos of the tanks.
Sorry for what? Sure appreciate all your comments.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Real Name
Heiko
We got those Shermans too, but here they look like they've gone through hell. Nice photos!

Latest threads

Top Bottom