National Wildlife's 2013 Photo Competition

An e-mail I just received. This is a good contest, not one that steals photos from you:

Over the past few years, many of you have won or placed in our annual photo competition. We thank you for your support, and we want to let you know that National Wildlife’s 43rd annual photo contest is now open and accepting entries. Winners will be published in our December issue and on the magazine’s website.

There are seven categories and this year more than $15,000 worth of prizes to be awarded, including a Grand Prize of a 3-day, 2-night stay for two at the Tundra Buggy Lodge in Churchill to photograph polar bears. The Grand Prize also includes up to $1,000 reimbursement for travel costs. Many of you have already photographed the bears in and around Churchill, but the bears often surprise and you never know what behavior you’re going to witness and photograph.

Our competition is actually two contests in one: the juried competition and the People’s Choice. All entries are uploaded to our contest web pages. If you entered the contest last year, your account information has been saved and you can enter using the same login. Each set of up to 10 photos can be entered for a $20 fee which goes toward the prizes and the managing of the contest. There is no limit to the number of images you can enter. Once you upload your photos, you can delete, add or change information about any of them prior to the deadline, using your login.

You’re also welcome to enter the People’s Choice contest and allow your images to be seen and voted on by viewers. This is an opt-in function and you must check the box for each image if you want it to be seen and shared with viewers and other entrants. The votes are counted weekly, and the top four winners each week are entered into the People’s Choice final round. Photographers of the top weekly winning images are no longer eligible for subsequent weekly rounds, and the final round will thus include images from dozens of photographers. This year there is a prize for the winner of the People’s Choice competition—a $500 gift certificate from BorrowLenses.com which can be used to rent camera gear from its online store.

Deadline for entering is July 15, 2013. To enter, vote, see what other images have been entered, or for more information and complete rules, go to www.nwf.org/photocontest.

I should enter. I'm on a roll this year between winning the scholarship and the recent calendar contest! :biggrin: I'd LOVE to photograph polar bears! That would be fun!!

Carole

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom