Nature Can Be So Cruel at Times...

Took these shots of this Porky, the fat spider as I don't know one spider from another it was a name that suited her (I know its a female as I got shots the previous day of her giving birth).
I didn't realize that a poor little bee had got caught in her web, and Porky grabbed the Bee before I knew what was happening...
The look on this poor little bees face made me feel really bad but the spider had already got it and it didn't have long for this world when I took the shot... :frown:... But I guess thats nature...

#1... This is Porky in her web...
DC3_4925_11560c01_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2... And the poor little Bee's last moments...
DC3_4968_11603c01_2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really love them Wally. I've tried to take pictures of spider webs before so I know how hard it is to do well. Great shooting. A true and sad story too.

Oh, porky would not like that name. Is it bad that I caught and threw ants into a web with my son to teach him what spiders do? He was fascinated.

I love the first one. Wonderful angle you took it from - so often these pictures are straight on, this is a nice change. Nice!

Great Social Darwinism Lesson Wally! Nice Job!
Hey thanks Steve, life’s even tougher in the small world of animals and insects...

A wow for Wal.
Reportage from the war zone: this is real life-and-death stuff.
Stunning.
Thanks Peter, it was tough but I made it through this war zone unscathed... Even though there were high number of casualties... :cool:

Hi Wally, snif this is tough I guess, but that is what nature is...
#2 is my favorite, very nice!
Thank you Kris, yep the look in that little guys eyes...

Now we know how she got so porky! #2 is just suspended in air. Great pics!
Hi Dossy, thank you...

Oh, porky would not like that name. Is it bad that I caught and threw ants into a web with my son to teach him what spiders do? He was fascinated.
I love the first one. Wonderful angle you took it from - so often these pictures are straight on, this is a nice change. Nice!
Thank you Chele.. I appreciate your comments...
Yeah..!!! Life's a funny thing, but thats another story...

great grabs Wally, i like the PP on these, especially #2 where her fat guts is highlighted:smile:
Hey thanks Vinny, glad you liked the PP on Porky... :tongue:...

Captivating images!
You could have called it "Boris the Spider" (remember this one?)
Thanks Ky... Funnily enough I did think of the name Boris, but seeing it was a she, well...
Maybe should have called her Natasha... :rolleyes:

Amazing photos! I always tried not to look a chicken in the face when I wrung her neck. You capture some great photos.
Thanks Alan, yeah I know that feeling because I got it looking at this poor little dude....

Nicely done....but spiders really are our friends.
Thanks Jeff, As much as I don't like spiders, I usually do not harm them unless they come inside the house, and as my wife is absolutely terrified of them, well then their pancake material...
They all have a job in natures plan I guess...

Nice work Wally.
There is only one thing I hate more than spiders. Centipedes. Yuck! Man, I hate those things...
Thank you Joe... We don't get Centipedes so I'll take your word on that...
But spiders and snakes are very low on my list...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom