Nature's Cruel

Please Visit Here

Had a great morning shooting with Sid and Michael. The morning started off slow but progressed into a very interesting day. Captured shots of the Least Terns in flight and Oyster catchers napping on the small sandbar.
5822849624_251d9161f6_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5822285501_cc5735ff23_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

During our morning stay we heard a lot of commotion coming from the Tern colony. On the ground was a Tern whose wing had apparently been severed by the large land crabs that roam the beach. The tern was in a great deal of pain and rolling around on the ground calling frantically. All the noise and movement attracted the attention of many of the other birds in the area, and eventually this Ibis decided to harass the poor injured tern. Eventually the Ibis had done enough bullying and moved on. Shortly the Tern started walking around the beach while other Least terns hovered overhead.

View attachment 918178

It was a sad sight to see, but thats the way nature operates. Apparently rubber necking is common in all species as many different types of shore birds had to stop and stare at the crying injured Tern before moving on about their business.

View attachment 918179

View attachment 918181

Real Name
Justin
Nice images and telling the story behind them.

One thing is for sure. Those rigs sure do put questions I was going to raise to rest. It's all comes in to perspective now(not even factoring in the technique factor). I'm in trouble lol :biggrin:

Great shots and story.
Speaking of technique, did you have to use your flash on this shot?
Seems overkill if you did since the sun is right behind you guys.

Great shots and story.
Speaking of technique, did you have to use your flash on this shot?
Seems overkill if you did since the sun is right behind you guys.

Yes I did from the exif.
:) did not want to take a chance for shadow as it was pretty late in the morning. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom