Nature's Dark Mirror

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Nacho, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hi Folks:

Shot at Great Falls National Historical Park, the Maryland side. This was late in the evening/night time a bit beyond Astronomical Twilight.

[​IMG]

EXIF: Nikon D300, ISO 200, f/11, 6 sec., Nikkor 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 G, Daylight (direct sunlight) WB

Thoughts, feedback, comments, appreciated,

Nacho :smile:

2. Nacho,

Splendid as always. It's good to hear you made it home safely. Hopefully in the future we'll get the opportunity to shoot together again. It was great meeting you this summer, we'll miss your positive energy here on the east coast. Keep in touch and I'll keep an eye out for your postings.

Take care my friend,

Jeff

3. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, really nice! You captured quite a moody feeling!

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nacho,

Nice shot! I hope everything is well with you. I hope you are able to visit us again some time soon.....

5. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Jeff, Mark, Larry:

Thanks for the kind words. I do look forward to going back and joining you all for some more shooting. It'll probably have to be Spring 09 though! Perhaps the Cherry Blossoms?

Jeff, thanks for the note, and thanks for the pics you sent, I just got them yesterday! They were in my Gmail account and it was packed with stuff from the Summer that I had not checked!

Yep, I did like that moody-ness of that image. It is both nature and abstract for me. We'll see. : )

Thanks again!

N

6. Nice work Nacho. Works for me!

7. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Hey Dez, thanks man! I enjoy looking at your images of NYC all the time, and when I visited the city this Summer (albeit briefly) I was thinking about your shots. I have a shot or two I still have to post from that trip! : )

Thanks again,

N

8. Really beautiful capture. Love the feel.

9. Very beautiful shot, fine art quality.

10. Oh that is a very impressive shot definately a huge wall hanger. has a great mood to it.

11. h2oman

h2oman

Aug 17, 2006
    Quebec City
    Very nice and inspiring. Thanks for showing us...

12. Nacho:

That is a stunning shot. You really need to blow that up and hang it on the wall.

Michael

13. I like! The image has a surreal quality.

14. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Everyone needs to experience the Cherry Blossoms on DC atleast once in their life - it is really something to see......