Nature's necklace

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by hillrg, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Well, it is that time of year when I go to work in the dark and return in the dark. We have a light dusting of snow - the wet, slushy, messy kind. My wife pointed out a spider web on the back balcony that was covered with tiny ice crystals which I thought I would share with you...

View attachment 20408

And the night before, I did get home just before dark to an amazing light show over the ocean. Unfortunately this photo does not do it justice, but it will give you an idea of what it was like...

View attachment 20409

Gotta love winter around here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2005
  2. Rory,
    This confirms a saying that i have, there is a shot everywhere.
    These are good representations of that theory.
    Dave

3. The Grateful Dead have a line in on of their songs that goes " sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" and you found that light I love the muted colors of the last shot.

4. Simply beautiful! Especially the first one, Great composition!

:biggrin:

5. Got it - think Grateful Dead! It just goes to show that "f/8 and be there" is still true.

6. Thanks Michael - my favourite too.

7. I know what you mean - I am trying to shake up my photography and add a little more variety.

8. I really like the 2nd shot, Rory. And the colors and light are fantastic in the last shot!

9. You have a very good eye, Rory. The first is well composed.

10. Hi Dao,

The first worked out well. I have some of the whole web but it was too busy.

11. Thanks Scott. Nature serves up some pretty fantastic colors at times. To bad I did not have something else in the frame, like a bird or a boat - I think that might have helped.

12. SIMPLY..... WONDERFUL.
    That is all I can say..... WOW

13. Very Nice...love the last one :smile:

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    You are motivating me.....

To get out of my house and brave the cold. I'm sure I could find something to photograph. Your photos are very nice.

15. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I love all three of them, in fact they have shamed me into not whining so much about the grey weather and getting out and using my eyes and imagination a little more!

16. It is harder to get motivated in the dull weather for sure, but when you do get a good shot it is all the more rewarding I think.

17. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I will try harder though, so many pictures everywhere but sometimes we need to think smaller and stop looking for "the bigger picture!" :)

18. What is that white stuff Rory?:rolleyes: Nice images you have taken up there in the frozen north.

19. Brrrr.

20. Rory...I would never imagined what other uses a spider web has.

Nice idea your wife came up with. You will have to thank her for it because if she had not mentioned it, we wouldn't get to see it.

Thanks for sharing,