Navaho Horseman

It's been many years since I've posted anything here and I'm uncertain if this should be in the black and white or the people forum. I decided people. The man was in Monument Valley National Park and has probably been photographed millions of times. f/8 @ 1/1252 sec. iso 200 D750
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
First, welcome back to posting!!! When I saw your post I was very happy to see you are back. My second thought was, "I hope this isn't just someone resurrecting a years-old post!" Lol!

Man, that is a beautiful image! I think it can actually go in both B&W and in here. And I think it deserves to be featured on the front page of the forum. It really pops, and is just so well composed.

Oh my what an honor! I visit now and then, at times just to see what is on the front page. Many times I call my wife to come see some of the jaw dropping images posted there. There are some real masters of the art here. Again, thank you for putting an image of mine in such company.
Jarrell

Thank you all for your kindness. I had been admiring the photographs in a book called "Florida Landscapes" by Clyde Butcher. He worked with very large view cameras using mainly black and white film. I began looking through my work for an image that would convert to black and white, one with a lot of impact, and came upon this one. There was something about the way the man sat on the horse and the resolute, confident air about him that I found appealing. This image was made in 2016. I've learned that converting to grey scale is a bit tricky to get just the right outcome you desire, but when done well and on the right subject they can be breathtaking. If anyone has a link to tutorials on the subject of conversion I would be much obliged.
Jarrell

Thank you all for your kindness. I had been admiring the photographs in a book called "Florida Landscapes" by Clyde Butcher. He worked with very large view cameras using mainly black and white film. I began looking through my work for an image that would convert to black and white, one with a lot of impact, and came upon this one. There was something about the way the man sat on the horse and the resolute, confident air about him that I found appealing. This image was made in 2016. I've learned that converting to grey scale is a bit tricky to get just the right outcome you desire, but when done well and on the right subject they can be breathtaking. If anyone has a link to tutorials on the subject of conversion I would be much obliged.
Jarrell
Clyde Butcher is an amazing photographer.

Glenn

Real Name
Mike
That is a most beautiful western portrait. Perfectly exposed with wonderful tones.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom