NC Sports Forum Challenge!!!

Hello to all of you sports shooters......

Let's have a bit of fun!!!! Beginning Sunday, April 15 and ending Sunday, April 22...get out there and start shooting so you can post your very best sports action shot of the week. If your shooting time is limited, you can begin posting your shot as soon as tomorrow and all entries must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 25, 2007. It can be sports action on the field, it can be a sportrait, it can be something special along the sidelines or even in the stands. It's all for fun and there are no losers, this is just an opportunity to share what you believe is your best sports action shot of the week.

Great idea Frank....If I don't get anything good I will just steal one of yours
from Saturday...he he he

OK, I'll go first Frank. Not the greatest of pictures but I found the expression on the goalie's face to be very intense and amusing at the same time. I shot this yesterday at my son's soccer game.

460393169_0e117d944f.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I need another week, LOL 1st track meet isn't until 25th!

But, today we went out so Lyn could try out her new racing shoes, and holy cow, wish the stop watch hadn't died 1/2 through the 200M time trial. She was frigging flying! Last year was just barely off the school record in 200, 400, and 800!

Anyway, here's my best image for this week

DSC_10354.jpg

Great start guys, this is a good beginning for this challenge. Fun is the key, followed by a good dose of learning. Keep them coming...this is only day one. I hope you regulars will participate... this is just another one of those threads that shows why the Nikon Cafe is tops in photography.

Hmmm.......where to ditch the two year old so I can stand in pouring rain and snap the start of the Boston Marathon....hmmm hmmmm.................

hehehehe....here's the current weather prediction. I can't tell you how HAPPY I am not to be working this *&^$% event this year!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Forecasts call for 3-5 inches of rain, start temperatures in the mid-to-upper 30s and wind gusts blowing in runners' faces at up to 25 mph.

UGh, this is looking less possible. Hopkinton is only about 15min away from me. However....they're closing ALL roads into Hopkinton at 7:30a, and the race does not start until 9-ish (wheel chairs, then women at 9:30, and elite men at 10a). I just can't see imposing on a neighbor to drop off Em at 6:30a so I can get a shutle bus. :frown:

C

Chris Pierce

Here is a few from Saturday, my buddy hit a rock at full throttle, going over the bars with the sled coming down on top of him, the sled is fine, he is a little sore.

Turbo Arctic Cat.....
Mafia_0188.jpg

Hitting the rock.....
Mafia_0412.jpg

Mafia_0414.jpg

Mafia_0422.jpg

the damage....
Mafia_0044.jpg

My favorite sport :)

M

MCN Photo

Hey Gretchen i read in another forum room 510 (I think that's it) at the Charlesmark Hotel. Open the window and shoot away. It has a great view of the finish line.

Maybe an option especially in the wet and you could take the two year old along.

I'd love to join in but having chemo at the moment so I'm a bit tired, maybe this could be a monthly thing.

Cheers
Mark

Hey Gretchen i read in another forum room 510 (I think that's it) at the Charlesmark Hotel. Open the window and shoot away. It has a great view of the finish line.

Maybe an option especially in the wet and you could take the two year old along.

I'd love to join in but having chemo at the moment so I'm a bit tired, maybe this could be a monthly thing.

Cheers
Mark

Thank you Mark, I hadn't heard about that one! Unfortunately for us, Em woke up with a fever this a.m. Kinda explains why she ate so little yesterday. So, we're huddled up here in the house, rain pouring down, winds beating against the sides and thinking "hopefully next year!" :smile:

I hope your chemo goes well, and with few side effects!

Frank,

This sounds like a lot of fun. This is the one week that I am not going to shoot any games (too much at work, and games are away). I will be looking forward to everyone’s work, and I hope I can play in the future.

Ahh….Allison’s birthday! I knew there was another reason!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom