NE Patriots fans...

have any of you in the area gone to the Patriots training camp practices?

I'm looking to attend the opening day, 7/24 8:45-10:00am and snag some pics and maybe a few autographs. I have a Sigma 120-300 and my 70-200VR with 1.4TC.

Anyone that has gone have any advice on the best setup locations?

And who's going!?!?!

hey Phil, here's from my friend:

It is fairly spread out over 2 football fields. I normally skip the endzone stuff, just because of the angle and the distance. As you go in there are normally seats all the way down the end of the stands (unless you are really early). If he can get around midfield in the stands it is best as they run drills. Groups switch positions quite a bit, so don't worry if Tom Brady is nowhere near, he will be eventually. After doing the individual drills they run 7 on 7 drills. These will be on the close field near the stands. Great opportunity for sideline shots of the receivers. These drills go to the left pretty much every time (offense on the right, defense on the left), so being on the right side of the stands will give the best shots for great catches. Most of them are "light contact" which means there is an occasional tap, but they don't really tackle with full force.

Unlike the games, they let you bring in gear. I usually bring a monopod, but I have seen people bring tripods (although that is a bit slow with the action). Sunscreen and a hat is a requirement (in the morning sessions the sun is almost right at you). If it is raining, they will do it in the tent, and you can't go in there, so they usually let people into the stadium and show it on the jumbotron (don't bother, just go when it is sunny).

Oh, and there are a LOT more players than normal. Sometimes multiple players have the same number until they cut down the roster and the sheet they give you with the names may not be up to date, especially if it is a couple weeks into camp.

Wow. This is very different from the pre-Gillette Stadium days when I went!

And I like this part on the list...

"Any other item deemed inappropriate by stadium management"

Kind of vague, wouldn't you say?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom