1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Near the Bridge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jadlh, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    I had trouble with the bright sky, do you think it is blown out too much?
    Image152.
    NIKON D40X    ---    17mm    f/7.1    1/200s    ISO 100

Does this tree divide the picture in too much of a radial split?
    Image121.
    NIKON D40X    ---    17mm    f/8.0    1/250s    ISO 100

Is there too much grass in the picture, as I was contemplating the rule of thirds, I notice the water splits the picture about in half?
    Image438.
    NIKON D40X    ---    70mm    f/4.5    1/1000s    ISO 160

2. I not sure if I can really help you, but I can tell you what I would have done on the first one which I actually like alot.

I shoot about 70% in Raw format so I have the option to change exposeure and white balance and such.
    If you shoot in raw and process in cs3 or something like it you could process it twice to get the sky the way you want and get the water and foreground just the way it is. This was mentioned in an article I read in a magizine a couple months back. (PCPhoto)

The other thing I do is shoot in Manual mode. This allows me to really dial in my exposure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.