1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Neat Image - home or pro version?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by natethomas, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I'm considering buying Neat Image to help with noise in my photos. I mostly shoot jpegs, with about 10% shot RAW. Does it make sense to get the pro version or would I be ok with the home version?
    thanks!

2. Nate,

I think the difference between pro and home versions is support for 16 bit images and for larger batch queques.

If you are planning on using it inside of Photoshop, the home version will only work with 8 bit files like jpg's. You have to convert a 16 bit PSD to an 8 bit jpg before you can use it.

I've never used it in batch mode so that does not matter to me.

I've had the pro version for a few years and it works pretty well.

Warm regards,

3. Bill,
    Thanks for your personal experience. I am leaning toward the pro version because it isn't much more and it seems like I can grow into it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.