Neded a MUCH longer lens for these 4 birds

Went to the Fox Island Nature peserve yesterday, and I only took to the observation area my 70-200+TC 1.4. This was not nearly enough lens. Shot with D2x, handheld, and are but a tiny fraction of the full frame. Thought I'd show them anyway, even though they're not up to the very high boards' standards, or even my own. They all 100% & or close to 100% crops.

Male Phebe:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Male Grosbeak:

Some type of Woodpecker (I am told)

I blame it on sheer laziness

Backdoctor said:
You mean to tell me you have that 200-400 and you dont use it? Better send it on down here for some exercise and use. 8)
What can I say, other than the car was parked VERY far away, and I was too lazy to go back for it. Yes, I actually had it in my car with me!

I blame it on sheer laziness

Backdoctor said:
You mean to tell me you have that 200-400 and you dont use it? Better send it on down here for some exercise and use. 8)
What can I say, other than the car was parked VERY far away, and I was too lazy to go back for it. Yes, I actually had it in my car with me! :oops:

Hi the 4th one looks like a canyon wren, perhaps they would look better with less noise reduction I am not trying to be uncomplimentary but sometimes it is better to leave the noise in the image.

Phillip.

A

abek

Steve,

I just checked out your site. Is that your African Serval? Is it a pet? It's spectacular -- and so are the photos. I wouldn't want to get bitten or scratched by a cat that size!

You're right, it is a Wren, & the Serval is

abek said:
Steve,

I just checked out your site. Is that your African Serval? Is it a pet? It's spectacular -- and so are the photos. I wouldn't want to get bitten or scratched by a cat that size!
my neighbor's son's, not mine. It's been hand raised since a newborn and is reasonably docile. She puts up with me sticking my lens in her face, and only occasionally hisses at me :shock: , so I can't fault her. She's cool, isn't she?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom