Neded a MUCH longer lens for these 4 birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, May 25, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Went to the Fox Island Nature peserve yesterday, and I only took to the observation area my 70-200+TC 1.4. This was not nearly enough lens. Shot with D2x, handheld, and are but a tiny fraction of the full frame. Thought I'd show them anyway, even though they're not up to the very high boards' standards, or even my own. They all 100% & or close to 100% crops.

Male Phebe:

Male Grosbeak:

Some type of Woodpecker (I am told)

2. You mean to tell me you have that 200-400 and you dont use it? Better send it on down here for some exercise and use. 8)

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I blame it on sheer laziness

What can I say, other than the car was parked VERY far away, and I was too lazy to go back for it. Yes, I actually had it in my car with me!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I blame it on sheer laziness

What can I say, other than the car was parked VERY far away, and I was too lazy to go back for it. Yes, I actually had it in my car with me! :oops:

5. Hi the 4th one looks like a canyon wren, perhaps they would look better with less noise reduction I am not trying to be uncomplimentary but sometimes it is better to leave the noise in the image.

Phillip.

6. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    The last one looks like a Sedge Wren to me...

7. abek

abek Guest

Steve,

I just checked out your site. Is that your African Serval? Is it a pet? It's spectacular -- and so are the photos. I wouldn't want to get bitten or scratched by a cat that size!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You're right, it is a Wren, & the Serval is

my neighbor's son's, not mine. It's been hand raised since a newborn and is reasonably docile. She puts up with me sticking my lens in her face, and only occasionally hisses at me :shock: , so I can't fault her. She's cool, isn't she?