Need a GREAT printer!

Okay, I'm on location most of the time, so I need a printer that is reasonably fast for printing 4x6 photos to be cut down for 3 inch buttons. I am legit, legal, all that jazz now and making nice $$$. Any input will be appreciated and researched thoroughly!
Thanks ya'll!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Sounds like you need a little printer that is limited to printing no larger than 4*6 and is therefore small and portable.
This link shows seven printers like that (check the max media size in the table):
http://www.toptenreviews.com/computers/printers/best-photo-only-printers/
I have had good experience with Canon printers, but have not used the ones shown here.

Dainne,
Dye Sub seems to be the way to go for on location pro work. DNP and CIAAT are the two I am familiar with. The initial cost is higher but the per print costs are in the 10 cent range. I just purchased a CIAAT Brava 21 for a photo booth setup. It can print 4x6, 5x7, 6x8 and it can make a long cut to give 2 2x6 photo booth strips.

http://www.imagingspectrum.com/brava-21_photo-sticker_printer.html

I wish I could give you better experience but it just arrived yesterday and I am taking it out of the box now. If you call Imaging Spectrum in the link above and talk with Laura, she is very knowledgeable. My plan is to build it into a small stage case and use it for on location printing in addition to the photo booth.

Hey Pete- I have a friend that works ate Imaging Spectrum. As of right now, I'm debating on the Epson Picture Mate PM 400 personal photo lab. I'm a thinking this will do nicely for printing out good quality photos for my 3 inch buttons. I'm still "shopping around" though. Won't buy until 100% sure about what I want, need, and will do the best job.

As of now, I'm the proud owner of the Mitsi K60 printer. Went to visit my friend at Spectrum Imaging - I researched just about every "home" printer out there, they all added up to higher costs in printing, ink, etc. With my k60, I'll be able to print several sizes - 4x6 taking only 11.5 secs to print, I'll get more than 400 photos before the paper runs out, more than that before the ink runs out. To replace paper and ink "bundle" is about $120 which is way cheaper than buying cartridges and paper. SO, now I can happily make my 3 inch buttons, print out pics for those who prefer prints instead of CD, and in the long run make more money. Who knows, I may eventually do photo booth for parties and such, but at least now, I'm better informed. Oh yeah - I get tech support 24/7 and it's LOCAL!
Oh forgot to add the quality of the print is wonderful! I got to see pics printed out from the K60 as well as other printers - I'm happy.

Good choice, I was not familiar with the Mitsi but it looks like a good printer and similar to my Brava. Darkroom Booth is a good photobooth software and recommended by Imagingspectrum. Did you talk with Laura? I bought mine from here.
Pete

Good choice, I was not familiar with the Mitsi but it looks like a good printer and similar to my Brava. Darkroom Booth is a good photobooth software and recommended by Imagingspectrum. Did you talk with Laura? I bought mine from here.
Pete
hey actually, I talked to my friend Bill Vahrenkamp. I've been knowing him and his team for quite some time. We sat and chatted about all my options before I said I'd buy. I'm still a bit scared to open the box, but know when I do, I won't regret it.

I had to run a Google search since I had not heard of a brand called "Mitsi," and it turns out that this is a nickname for Mitsubishi products! Anyway, this sounds like a nice printer that will do just what you want and need, although it looks kind of large and heavy to tote around to locations.....
hey Connie - it's not too big but is about 30 lbs. I have my hubby and sons to do the heavy for me - I'm excited about it - Now I can offer 4x6 prints, 3 inch buttons, or CD's to my racers and their families. Just gotta get the pricing down.

30 pounds?!!! Yikes! Not something you should be carrying around, that is for sure! You're lucky that you've got some strong males in the family! :) That printer really does sound very versatile and undoubtedly will be excellent in your being able to fulfill whatever your clients want -- buttons, small prints, etc. The subdye should be a lot more economical than ink cartridges and separate paper, too. I've heard that subdye images come out really well with crisp, clear colors and such. Have fun with your new printer!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom