Need a new flash

Well here i am in China and my sb 600 dropped on the floor the first day and is non functional. That was 17 days ago. It's a good thing i have the D700 and fast glass. I'm headed back to Nanchang tomorrow and may look for Nikon gear if i pass by a retailer. Is there any reason to look for a 900 over the 600 other than size. I may end up waiting until i get back home if the prices are not that good. I'm in Shanghai on the weekend, but i expect the prices to be higher. Still having a blast . A BBQ. burger would be nice though.
Brad

W

Wileec

You alone can answer which flash is best for how you use flash. You stated nothing about that, so no one can intelligently suggest one way or the other. SB-900 offers many options that the SB-600 doesn't, but what's important to you - only you know.

as he stated
if the sb600 was sufficient then you could save and get one again.

Thanks, it appears everyone who has a 900 is quite happy with it. The 600 was good, but i was concerned with the weight and size. Carrying a bag with the gear i have and adding weight can be a problem for some. I was 50% overweight with my carryon for the in China flights. Lucky enough they never weigh the carryon, only the checked baggage. The trains and boat have never cared about weight so far. the crumpler is comfortable to carry so the 15lbs. is easy to cart around.
I'll look around here in Shanghai for one, but from what i've read the prices are higher here anyway.
Thanks again for the input.
Brad

Well, i never ran across a camera store in Shanghai. I ordered a 900 when i got home and just received it today. A bit bigger than the 600, but it has a lot more features. I appears to be a keeper.

Latest threads

Top Bottom