1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need a Push

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by cybertec69, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Tugboat and Oil Barge.

IMG_20181020_202231_043.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Appealing photo. Lovely colours and terrific sky.

3. Thank you Carl, was out shooting birds with my 200-500mm, as I walked down the shore line it just caught my eye, the background was just right with the sun setting in the distance and the clouds in the sky being lit up by the suns flickering rays, it just added to the photo, also the barge and tugboat facing away from me at a slight angle helped, I used the shortest end of the lens to get as much in as possible. I used some HDR from the Nik Collection filters to bring some punch to the reds of the tugboat and the deck of the barge, it also added some more depth to the sky.

1. Same picture without HDR.
    2018-10-20_12-21-54.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. I like it

5. I really like the second one. You could bring out the tones in the sky more like the first one without adding the strong blue tones that look like a cartoon to the barge and boat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.