Need advice...."business" cards....FInal versions Post #53

Real Name
Andy
Thanks for everyone's input - and patience! Justin's card seems so much easier. Mine - not so much.

For the cards, I can change Justin's title color to be closer or the same as mine. His seems too yellow!
Much better.

Viewed on a screen, I find Justin’s to be slightly easier to read than yours due to the greater color contrast. I realize you’re trying to match the colors to your individual avatar images, but perhaps it’s better to choose the most readable text colors that fall within your tastes and carry them across both cards instead.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Much better.

Viewed on a screen, I find Justin’s to be slightly easier to read than yours due to the greater color contrast. I realize you’re trying to match the colors to your individual avatar images, but perhaps it’s better to choose the most readable text colors that fall within your tastes and carry them across both cards instead.
Thanks, Andy, for commenting! So you think my yellow/gold text should be lighter? I was actually concerned that Justin's blue text was harder to read than my yellow text. Interesting!

Real Name
Andy
So you think my yellow/gold text should be lighter? I was actually concerned that Justin's blue text was harder to read than my yellow text.
Yes, I think Justin's brand and your tagline are the two easiest bits of copy to read. The darker yellow on the rest of your card and the blue for Justin's personal info are a little more challenging to read - they don't jump out as much. You can always stroke the letters in white - that's fairly easy and very effective when you want the appearance of more contrast than the colors themselves provide.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I'm the wrong person to be commenting here (I'm a Comic Sans fan!) but why not use an image as background? I find the grey too dreary, too dark.
And I thought you liked me.....at least a little! LOL!

First try.......

i-RrhFhHH-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Justin's card
i-6kJsv9T-M.jpg

or...

Now I supposed you want me to re-do Justin's card!

Attachments

Last edited:
And I thought you liked me.....at least a little! LOL!

First try.......

View attachment 1675943

Now I supposed you want me to re-do Justin's card!
I think this is a big improvement but I'm not a fan of mixed justification. Try it with all the text right justified

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Current versions

Mine

Justin's

I also prefer Justin's card.
Not sure this thread was meant to be a comparison but here goes.
"Let me show you the world" really got my attention.
Seeing some of your previous posts from Africa and other places it really stuck with me.

Maybe just simplify your tagline to WIld Things? Or maybe not descriptive enough on second thought.

A logo I did a hundred years ago... (feels like, anyway).

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I also prefer Justin's card.
Not sure this thread was meant to be a comparison but here goes.
"Let me show you the world" really got my attention.
Seeing some of your previous posts from Africa and other places it really stuck with me.
Justin's videos are very different from my still images. Even so, he often incorporates my images into his videos. We have separate websites and audiences....hence the separate cards.

Previous tag lines I tried:

See our World
People - Places - Wildlife
Images that tell a story (too long)
Been there - See it here!
Life through the lens
Expose yourself - to our world

I'm open to suggestions!!!!!!!

The new cards are a lot more appealing (despite my preference for other fonts).
Your tag line is great.
Justin’s “let me...” not so much as I am not sure it gives sufficient importance to the client.
“Expose yourself...” is an absolute no no.
Should the tag lines to be about what you can do for clients without putting you as the subject.
I apologise for all the negative feedback.
These are minor as your card works for me.
However I may not be your target audience.
I used to travel a lot but am simply an amateur photographer.
And based in Europe, so different market altogether.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Based on comment #32, I like the “first try” for your card, and the “second try” for Justin’s card. They are really eye catching, they immerse you, and they give a true sense of what to expect if they go to your web sites.

For Justin’s card: I kind of wish the text didn’t cover the cheetah. Kind of wondering if you could put PleasantVideos.com bottom left, “Let me show you the world!” bottom right, and Justin Pleasant top left. For the bottom text, tuck them down low so they leave as much open space as possible to really let that image shine. It’s fantastic!

For Karen’s card: Maybe make the text a little smaller and push it to the right so it does not overlap with that beautiful lion. Think about how magazine covers grab you. They generally don’t cover the primary subject with text.

These look great @Butlerkid .

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom