Need advice here on what to do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    As you may know, I just got a Coolpix S4, and think it's a great little P&S camera. But, and this is a big but, I found a gadget I like even better, and now don't want to keep my S4. The local mom & pop camera store I got it from don't sell the Sanyo SAVPCC5 Xacti VPC-C5 video cam/still cam I want to get. They may be able to get it, I haven't had a chance to ask yet.

My question is: What do I do with my less than a wk old Coolpix S4? See If they'll take it in on trade if they can get me the Sanyo, or try to sell it outright, and take the obvious loss? Really have no use for both.

See, the Sanyo is a great little tapeless (uses SD card) video cam that also takes good stills, and the S4 is a great little P&S still cam that also takes decent video. fyi, they're almost exactly the same size. I decided I want to get a video cam that I can put in my front pocket, and still be able to grab the occasional still with it.

What do I do!?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Steve,
    Just go do it....

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    What's "it"? :confused: What do you mean by that Gale? Do you mean call the camera store and see if they'll exchange it for some brand they don't carry?

4. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    buy the sanyo and find a drop dead gorgeous girl and give her the s4 as a gift :smile:

I have always believed in the old cliche....whats comes around goes around :biggrin:

RFC

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I say keep the S4 and pick up the Sanyo if you can. It's not going to break
    the bank and you can always leave one in the car so it's there if you need it.

6. Steve,

If I were in your shoes, I would definitly see if you could get a trade in and if not, I would sell it and take a small loss and put that money towards the Sanyo.