Need advice on how to acquire an old guitar...for Photography shoot

Ok...does anyone out there have an old guitar in their attic, basement that they just don't want anymore? Willing to buy it...unless you just want to rid of it.

This is the scoop. Every year I do 3 - 8th grade formals...I did one last week, I have another one scheduled for May 14, and another one May 21. A friend of mine had a great idea...and that was bringing props for the kids to use for picture taking. I"m bringing boas, wands, crowns ...etc...just props. I want to try this out during my next 8th grade formal. Typically I shoot about 300 or so 8th graders that night. So to break the ice...since this is an awkward age - 13...thought I would invest in an old guiltar.

PM me if you have one, want to get rid of it, or want to sell it.

Sen

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigslist is your friend.....

I needed an old guitar for my daughter to cut up and incorporate into an art project. Got a working guitar for $25.00. It may cost more to ship a free guitar

That is a great idea..pawn shops...yes!

From one Longhorn to another - Hook'em baby!

Pawn shops are full of overpriced crappy guitars, including lots of ugly shredder-wannabe stuff (and not ugly in a good way) -- but sometimes you'll find something.

You might also look at antique malls and/or flea markets -- an old Harmony or something can be pretty photogenic.

If you have a Freecycle program in your community, post on there. People are always looking to get rid of stuff :)

Carole

Thanks everyone. I did get one...at a pawn shop. OMGosh what an experience that was. I am not a pawn shop shopper...but now I think I might be one. I saw so many things I want there and they wheel and deal with ya.

Ok so this old guitar had a price tag of $55.00, of course that is not what I wanted to spend. So they guy came over and asked what I could afford. I saw "Well I didn't want to spend no more than $35.00" and then he said ..."Well I can do $34.00"...I was like "What?...ok deal!!".

Then I saw a beautiful silver braclet...very ornate looking...and I got that for $20.00, original price $33.00.

Thanks everyone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom