Need Advice

First of all, I can not believe that my son is six years old today. Time flies and I am very thankful that I have lots of pictures that document his first six years.

I don't post a lot of pictures here, mostly because I don't think they are up to par with the talent here on the cafe. I do think that I have been improving a little bit though, and I would like some advice from anyone who is willing to give it. :smile:

The shots that I will include in this thread are from Sunday when we were having Isaac's birthday party at our house. Please feel free to comment and advise me however you think I should go. These were all shot with my D70 (ancient I know, but still takes pictures) and my 50mm 1.8 lens. I think I used a SB-800 on some, but I can't remember which ones.

Thanks for taking the time to look and reply.

Isaac looking over our balcony rail (that is his personality shining through):
336993605_M8QXW-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dale (my husband) and Isaac having some fun in the game room:
337025911_9wsiP-L.jpg

Elijah (my baby) and my nephew:
337035367_WztiU-L.jpg

Dale:
337008021_qeP6p-L.jpg

Elijah (this one is not from the party):
337041863_CeQCF-L.jpg

:eek:You're insane! :biggrin: Ok said in a very nice voice.:wink: These are excellent. Don't be hard on yourself - these are absolutely great images. Extremely sharp, color is wonderful. You capture great expression...you have a great eye. Now start posting more missy!:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your shots are really good. As Seneca said there sharp and have great color. Lets see some more and don't be afraid. Good job Jessica.

I have to agree with Seneca. Great colors and expressions. I also think you did a great job with the flash...Now show us some more!!!

Seneca, Phil, Tracey...thank you all for the nice comments. The only person that I have to look at my pictures is my husband and I always accuse him of saying they are good just so he doesn't have to buy me a new camera! lol

I would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks as well. Again, thanks for taking the time to look at them.

What's wrong with an ancient camera??? :biggrin: (Says the guy who is still using one himself!) You really make this camera shine! nice work, great shots!

Shaun, yours is a little newer than mine. Yours is the D70s, right. Mine is the plain 'lil D70! I was just kidding about calling it ancient. For a long time, I couldn't see what I would ever need another camera for. Now, I am starting to change my mine. I could really see myself shooting with a newer camera. I am definitely still learning things about the D70 though, so I'll probably stick with it for a while longer (at least until my husband starts to get the hints!).

Jessica they are very good!! Looks like he had a great birthday. Makes me want to get out my 50. I just might do that tomorrow.

Shaun, yours is a little newer than mine. Yours is the D70s, right. Mine is the plain 'lil D70! I was just kidding about calling it ancient. For a long time, I couldn't see what I would ever need another camera for. Now, I am starting to change my mine. I could really see myself shooting with a newer camera. I am definitely still learning things about the D70 though, so I'll probably stick with it for a while longer (at least until my husband starts to get the hints!).

Yeah, a little newer! LOL! I, too, am starting to look to upgrade, by the end of the year, I thought to the D300, but now with the D700 out... :biggrin:

Very nice colors. Excellent job. Keep up the great work.

Thank you.

Jessica they are very good!! Looks like he had a great birthday. Makes me want to get out my 50. I just might do that tomorrow.

Debbie, thanks. Yes, he had a great birthday. Go ahead and get that 50 out. It is a lot of fun to use.

Yeah, a little newer! LOL! I, too, am starting to look to upgrade, by the end of the year, I thought to the D300, but now with the D700 out... :biggrin:

Shaun, you sound just like me. I kept telling my husband how great the D300 is, and then along comes the announcement of the D700. Now, I don't know, and I really have him confused too! :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom