1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

need Aperture 2 help

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Wilross3, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Help! Spent the last 90 minutes trying to learn how to put a watermark or copyright notice along the bottom edge of my photos... to no avail. Any Aperture gurus out there?

TIA

Bill

2. From the Apple Support manual:
    What’s the best way to apply a professional-quality watermark to my images?
    To place a nice-looking watermark on your images, create a PSD file that holds an
    image on a transparent background. You can then choose Aperture > Presets > Image
    Export to open the Export Presets dialog and select this file as a watermark image.

3. Alan.Tran

Alan.Tran

Jun 5, 2008
    California
    I use a plugin called BorderFX, does all that stuff for you. It's free too.

4. Hmmm... do I not need Photoshop to create the psd file?

May look at the BorderFX

Thx!

Bill

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I don't know about everyone else, but I needed Photoshop to create the PSD for my watermark. Then it was just a matter of choosing the file and applying it in the preferences.

6. Yes, or a friend that has it and will do some for you.
    :smile:

7. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    There is a podcast Aperture 2: Quick Tips - HD hosted by a guy named Richard Harrington that just did a podcast about watermarks 9/16/08. Check it out on iTunes.

8. Thanks Todd - I'll do it right now!

Bill

9. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    There is a great FREE program almost the same as the full version of photoshop... google "GIMP" give it a shot almost looks like photoshop and you cant beat the price...!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.