Need Camera Settings Help Quickly.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by rbsmith, May 15, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I am about to go to my daughters Voice, Piano and Dance recital. I want to take pictures of it but I really don't want to use the flash. What will be my best Camera settings for the D70. I will probably be using the 18-50 2.8 and possibly the 70-200 2.8. It will be in a Gymnasium which has a Quartz type of lighting.

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

You will have to let the D70 adjust the settings to the available light.....but if at all possible you should preset your white balance. If you have nothing better available to you, take the whitest-brightest piece of paper you have and set the white balance using that in the light conditions you will be shooting in.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Thanks Guys for the replies. I got my WB preset done and took a few test shots. They looked good. I was so happy to learn something new. The program began and guess what there was a big old spot light. I really had to do some scrambling to come up with the right combinations to get some decent pictures. I took about 175 shots trying to learn things as I went along. I ended up with some fair shots. I will post a few soon and y'all can tell what I could have done to improve them