Need color space / PS Elements help

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by cknight, Dec 19, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I've been shooting my pics in Adobe RGB(aRBG). I understand that the proper thing to do is to process the pics in aRBG, then convert to sRGB as the last step when saving to JPEG.
    I've seen a "Convert to..." option mentioned, but don't see one in PSE.
    In the color settings window, it gives you the option to use sRGB or aRGB as the default, but not the option to convert a picture.
    I'm confused as to how to convert a pic in PSE (or should I just convert it when I save to a tiff in capture?)

2. i have elements, but have unistalled it so I can not answer this.
    In CS2 it is under image or edit (cant remember) convert profile

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    In PSE I have a Image->Mode option which list the following: Bitmap, Greyscale,Indexed, RGB, and Color Table (which is greyed out).

There is also and Edit->Color Settings, which has the 'No color management', 'Limited color management', and 'Full color management' options. But I think that just embedds a profile in the file, not convert it from one profile to another.

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Does anyone have any ideas? Or at least a 'you can't do that in PSE'?

5. Chris,
    PSE was not something I found real useful. It was the first editing program that I purchased, and still have it, though uninstalled. One option is that since you have it, upgrade to CS2 and get all the PS features available for a mere 149.00. hardly seeems fair when elements cost 90.00 and CS2 cost 549.00 (or so) and you can upgrade for 149.00, but anyways worth it if you really want to do all that is possible with your images.

6. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Where can you upgrade for $150? The only upgrades I've seen for around that price won't work for PSE. Adobe sells an upgrade for PSE for $500.

I can't even begin to justify spending $500 for software when I don't use it to make a living.

7. may be my bad here Chris, but I thought Gale said this was so and you know IF GALE SAID IT........

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is not right Chris.. If you have elements rgistered you can up-grade for what 150 ish

call adobe
    go to the site.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lol@Dave

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    PSE should have convert to srgb....
    go to edit...convert to....choose your srgb.
    If you don't see that preference

Go to set it up in preferences or choose it.