Need CS3 help resizing a photo in a marquee

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by wbeem, Jul 6, 2007.

1. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I'm new to Photoshop and recently bought PS CS3. I have to say this is not the most intuitive user interface I've ever found. Here's my problem:

I'm building a business card and have a section where I'd like to import a photo. I created a separate layer for the photo. When I select one of my photos and use Paste Into, it fills the Marquee box I sized to hold my image.

However, all I see is the upper left portion of my image because it imports in full size. I'd like to shrink the image inside the marquee so it displays properly.

How do I do this?

2. One way would be to just simply paste the image (it will automatically create a new layer for itself)....then while it is still selected/active go to >transform in the edit menu.....hold down the shift key while dragging on a corner handle and resize it proportionately to whatever size you want....:smile:

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Thanks, but I'm not seeing the results I want. That changes the size of the box, but the box size is fine. I need to change what's inside the box.

4. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Never mind, your advice was sound. I just didn't apply it correctly the first time. I think that does it for me. Thanks very much.

5. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    press ctrl - or cmd minus on mac
    use move tool and make sure show transform handles is checked now resize