Need Feedback/CC on photo and edit...

I shot a few pictures of the Parthenon and would like to hear your comments and constructive criticism. Does the shot complement the size and architecture? Are the colors off? What needs fixing or should I go back and re-shoot? If I need to re-shoot, what angles would be better and what settings do you think will help?

:confused: :smile:

Original chopped down to 800x/160kb...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edited with Picture Project with the only adjustment being color booster.

Another angle...

My goals that I want to achieve with this Parthenon photo is showing its size with great color and detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe try setting up lower to the ground for the same shots. for new ones, get closer and shoot up from inside the columns or just outside, also from around ground level.

Brian

How was the weather the day you shot these? It looks a bit overcast on my monitor, and i think the colors would benefit from some sunshine. I also find a polarizer to be a useful tool, if you desire richer colors.

jm10c..:smile:

if you have photoshop, you can also try perspective correction to make the building stand up versus tilt away from you. sort of cheating, but we have to use all available tools, right?

Brian

How was the weather the day you shot these? It looks a bit overcast on my monitor, and i think the colors would benefit from some sunshine. I also find a polarizer to be a useful tool, if you desire richer colors.

jm10c..:smile:
It was overcast that day. Now it's raining and the forecast shows rain the rest of the week. I won't be able to go back and take more photos for a while. :frown:

How is this and what else needs fixing?

Which is better? The above side shot or this front shot?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom