Need $$ for New Gear... (pic)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Thought I better show you guys what lengths us Canucks will go to when raising $$ for new Nikon Gear...

Any Takers???

Side note:.... This is not my images... But still funny

2. No Thanks

Bought 2 of them last year and they just fell apart.
    Lasted about 6 months.
    No Warranty either.

LOL

3. now that is the sign of a real thinker!

4. Do they carry a one year warranty? Oops -- they are Canadian-- grey market in the USA -- no warranty!

5. No warranty, not come with an user manual, and no technical support

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Great idea. I just put the same sign up in my front yard and so far people only laugh and honk as they drive by in their convertibles with tops down:biggrin:

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Now that was funny!!!!! I just may have to make up a sign like that for my front yard now that we have several inches of snow. Thanks for the great image.

8. *LMAO* Good one!!!

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    So Phil, just like a lot of the products that we all buy, right? :biggrin:

Cute Doug. :smile:

10. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Tooooooooooo cold! Reminds me of the Arctic :eek:

You cuzzins may have heard about the Petrol storage facility that exploded here this AM. The forecast is 'overcast, but warm.:smile:

11. If you see such a deal on E-Bay or other interenet sites STAY AWAY from them.

Your super deal "Will melt before your eyes". :biggrin: :eek:

12. Now I know what I did wrong till now. It can be so simple.

13. Do they come with explicit instructions and a list of required tools? How about the disclaimers for children, you know, not to pack your nose with snow or freeze your tootsies? Do they have a business license? What about VAT and import/export duties? How about liability if Customs holds my order too long and all I get is water?

C'mon, don't you folks in the Great White think of these things????

Heck, here in the States we would probably arrest any kid who tried to be this enterprising.

Hmmm, I wonder how you transport the bits home?????

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    roflmao

15. Snowman

Hey I tried the same thing in Winnipeg! didn't work however, even offered a canon body with it :biggrin: Well I had to get that in!

But really Winnipeg snowman are much better, we are the christmas capital of the world! :smile:

16. Great Idea...but you'll find that Northern Ontario snow is by far a better product...comes with an 8 month warranty...is crisp, sharp and has a wonderful Bokeh!!

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

17. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Do they do mail order? We dont have any round here in SoCal, and wont get any.

18. Great idea and depending on where you are in Canada, they can last pretty much for 9 months. The Canadian snow men are so much better built than they are here. After a week the snowmen are all dirty and sagging all over. Leave it to the Canucks to come up with a better product.