Need Help ! Amvona Countinues Lights

Hi, Has anyone used Amvona Lights , I have just bought this one
http: www.amvona.com/?page=shop/flypage&view=1&product_id=2973
Iam using D200, and Pictures are way underexpose.......I put 1000Watts Bulb.
Any idea whats wrong here setting ISO 200, f 4.6, Exposure 1/50, 70mm

Orignal Image
nwlbg_1106_org.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Little level adjustments
nwlbg_1106.jpg

Croped
nwlbg_1106_crp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how far away is the light from the subject. I have two 500w and a 250w hair light and am often surprised at how little light they actually provide. I get the main light in close about 3-4 feet and that helps.

Just to be contrary, there was just an article in Digital Photo Pros about pro returning to continuous light for a number of reasons.

The truth is I want some bees, but my lights umbrellas and stands came dirt cheap and I could not pass it up.

Thank you for the replies, actually i have two Amvona continuous Light heads with 58"8 & 43" Octane Shades , 1000W Bulbs & 500W Bulbs , i tried with both Head with 1000Watts result is simple good , but now iam trying to sell them due to number of reasons heat, portability, assembly time, most of the time i shoot south Asian wedding , bridal shoot customer need to sit long infront of light i want to capture happy feeling ......... so already have order the Bees 2 x 800, 1 x1600......

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
In our video lab at work (school) we currently have tota lights and they are really good, but as woody stated, hot hot hot!

We are considering some new cool constant light fixtures that don't produce heat, when we get them next year (always a question mark) will give them a photographic whirl too, since I use the tota lights a lot.

Looking at the lowell case lights

Cheers,

Wade

You made two big mistakes.

1. You bought continuous lighting. Continuous lighting is good for heating your house and shooting movies.

2. You didn't buy Alien Bee units. They cost less and put out more than enough light.

There's a lesson here for the next guy.

I totally agree!

I started with continuous lighting 2 1/2 years ago. That lasted about 5 months and it was all Alienbees from there on out. I hated the results and my models felt like they were in a french fry bin roasting! Theres a reason why they are called Hot Lights.

John

Thank you everyone , I manage to sell them no profit no loss, and now waiting for the the Alien Bees to come ,,,, Just One Question on alien bee 800 its says , 800 Effective Ws & 320 True Ws what exactly is it mean

Latest threads

Top Bottom