1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need help family portrait soon!

Discussion in 'People' started by dbguy, Jul 3, 2008.

1. So, I'm going to do a family portrait and I currently have a D80, and i'm thinking about using either the 50mm 1.8 or the tamron 17-50 2.8. I have a SB-800, an SB-600, a shoot through 45" umbrella and a 33"? umbrella with a removable black cover. There will be a backdrop, and I was wondering how to set up for a professional looking family portrait. I have a foam board which i'm thinking of cutting up for reflectors. Or should i purchase more? the foam board is 20" by 30". Any suggestions or have any pictures that will help me be successful on this portrait shoot?

Also, what kinda settings should i put on my flash and d80? i'll probably be using CLS since I dont have any other remote triggers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.