Need help installing NC 4.2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, May 15, 2005.

1. I have a license for N.C. but have been having trouble getting 4.2.1 installed so I can work with my D2X files. Anyway, I installed 4.0 from the Disk but I went to download from NikonUSA all the had was 4.2.1. When I run the updater it says it can't find 4.2.0. I have 4.20 which I downloaded from NikonEurope. If I use that one and try to update the 4.2.1 I just downloaded it stops saying the earlier version is from a different region (no fooling?!) so it won't load.

Catch 22. Where can I download version 4.2.0? I need to get my laptop upgraded before I leave for my vacation.

Thanks, Rich :evil:

2. I got it! I took the trial disk which contains 4.2.0 and ran setup. It found the legal earlier version and automatically installed it without a trial!

Whew! :shock:
    Rich

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy Rich I can sure understand the frustration of software.

Humm After we spend all the $$$$ on Nikon stuff.

4. Glad it worked for you Rich.