Need help mounting AIS lens

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by MiriamJ, Dec 19, 2005.

1. This is embarrasing. :redface:

I just got my lens from KEH. It's listed as 50 F1.8 AIS, Early. I can take my 18-70mm kit lens on and off with ease, but I can't figure out how to mount the 50mm. Can someone help? I don't want to break anything by experimenting too much on my own. Thanks!

2. Thanks, got it figured out. I guess I just panicked

I'd remove the thread, but when I hit edit, I can't find the delete button.

3. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I take it you found out how to mount? It's really simple: just line up the black dot on the silver ring on the lens to the white dot on the camera throat, push in and rotate the lens counter-clockwise the Nikon way until the lens clicks into position. When removing the lens, press the release button on the front of the camera, below and to the right the white dot, and turn the lens clock-wise until it comes off the camera. All of this far easier done than written and said.

4. Bjørn,

I just figured out where the lens was going to end up, and where I had to start to end up there. I didn't notice the black dot until you mentioned it. That helps for future mounting. I appreciate the help here, and especially appreciate your invaluable website which gave me a clue as to which lens to buy.