Need help on Printer setting on Power Mac G5

Two years ago, I purchased a 2200 printer and it works very well with my PC. However, I recently purchased a Power Mac G5 and the printer doesn't seem to work with all the setting I had with the PC. I set the paper type, ect... Just as I would with my PC. However, when it started to print, it prints at a very fast speed (like it would with regular paper, not with photo quality paper) and the color came out all wrong. Here are what I have done so far:
- I set the correct paper type such as premium glossy...etc.
- I occcasinally calibrate my monitor with the SpyderPRO software.
- I also down loaded the newest version of the software for the MAC with Tiger OS X.
- I use Photoshop CS to correct my pictures.
- Working space: RGB: Adobe RGB1998.

Do you have any suggestions why it behaves that way? Do I miss any other settings on the MAC itself? As I mentioned earlier, it works fine on my PC.
Please help, your input will be appreciated.

Hi (Hee)

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
Be sure you have the latest drivers installed.

Printing from PS CS:
Apple Option P
Click Page Setup and select the correct printer from the list and your paper size.
Hit OK.
Now check the size of the print and adjust as necessary.
Hit Print.
In the next dialog box be sure your printer here is identical to the one you selected in the previous setting.
Select a print quality.
Hit Print

I don't have a 2200 myself, but we have one at work hooked up to a G5 tower and it spits out some great stuff. So it is possible.

I would make sure you have the latest drivers from Epson, as mentioned above.

I do have an R1800 here at home and use it on both PCs and Macs with no problems. I will go print something from Tiger and see if I notice any gotchas and printer driver version.

Thanks for your input. I'll go to Epson site and try to download one more time. Hopefully, I get the latest version.

Thanks again,

Hi

With OSX and the Epson 2200:

Download the icc profiles for each paper type you use and install them and then read the "printing with OSX" information that comes with the profiles.

When printing, use "Print with preview". Make sure the icc profile for your paper type shows. Next, select Print. Under print settings, make sure you select Advanced, and select the paper again, and the dpi you want to print at 1440 or 2880. Make sure the high speed button is not on.

Then select "Color Management". If your image is color managed in Photoshop, with Adobe RGB as your profile, then in Color Management, make sure you select "NO Color Management".

Then print and your colors should be as you expected.

Good Luck!

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
The reason your printer is printing in the Default/Draft mode is because you don't have the exact same printer specified in the two places you select a printer from a pop-up.

In other words if you have Epson 2200 selected in your Page Setup and Epson 2200 Borderless A3 selected in the Print Dialog, the printer will print in the Draft mode.

Woody

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jPix's

.......you will find all your printer settings for Photoshop on the Epson web site. An easy to follow guide.....

cheers.....jp

Latest threads

Top Bottom