1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need Help Restoring Old Photo

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Scotty_R, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Scotty_R

Scotty_R

Jan 1, 2006
    Virginia
    I have an old black and white photograph that needs restoration. The original photo is only about 3x3, and I created a high resolution scan so I could hopefully restore it. Of course, it is not well focused (think Brownie circa 1950s). The restoration is well beyond my ability and I was hoping that someone here might want to take a crack at it. I'm happy to pay for anyone's time that feels they can do the job.

This is a low resolution copy of the original...any takers?

[​IMG]

2. Send it over Scotty, geoffwalkernzatgmaildotcm.
    I'll look at it in the morning - 10pm here.
    Is that you ??? LOL

3. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
  4. My try

Just used the clone stamp and straightened the horizon a bit. Finished with a bit of sepia toning to "age" it a bit. You could crop if you wish but I retained as much of the original as possible. Hope this is similar to what you were looking for. :smile:

5. rbellphoto

rbellphoto

Jun 8, 2006
    SoCal
    Obviously a hi-res version would produce better results, but here's a quickie retouch...

original.

6. Scotty,
    Here is my go with it, also sent by email.
    All the best.....

2860214641_26105dedfd_b.

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Scotty......received your e mail today

Have your full res version in b/w and/or colour...whichever you prefer...

Hope it is ok...

Here is the colour try

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

8. Now that is a beauty Ray !!

9. Nicely done Ray!

10. Basic contrast fixes, straightened, and scratches repaired. I hope this helps. Email sent.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.