Need Help Setting Up E-Mail on iPad

I have an iPad (Version 1), and my e-mail account is with Time-Warner Cable (Roadrunner). The e-mail account is web-based. That is - to get my e-mail messages, I need to connect to the internet and login to the website using my e-mail address and password.

I know that I can retrieve (and send) my e-mails by logging into the website thru Safari on the iPad. There are numerous iPad photo apps which enable you to e-mail a photo (for example). However, they don't work unless you have "set up" your e-mail on the iPad. And that's where I'm confused.

Can anyone walk me thru setting up my iPad e-mail in order that the apps with this built-in type function will work?

Thanks!

One good workaround is to simply set up a different email account such as a free GMail account and that can be set up to work within the Mail email client in your iPad as well as within the webmail function as well. I have GMail set up this way and can send and receive emails either through my email client or as webmail. Cable ISPs can be picky about these things, and so it is good to find an alternative solution.

I have a Roadrunner (Central FL) account and it can also be accessed via a POP server. If yours is the same, you can retrieve your email through the iPad's e-mail app.

Thanks to all for the replies.

I got it working now. I'm not sure why it didn't work before, but it was pretty straightforward this time.

Thanks again.

I have a Roadrunner (Central FL) account and it can also be accessed via a POP server. If yours is the same, you can retrieve your email through the iPad's e-mail app.

This.

Not sure why you're using the web-based portal when roadrunner can be accessed via POP. Just set it up using the built in email client and call it a day.

Yeah, my email on my phone isn't "synced"...I just get the new messages to review and keep the messages on my computer once I download them. It isn't for everyone, but it works for me. I don't like ALL of my emails being on my phone.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom