1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need help with CS3 patch tool not working

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Uncle Pug, Aug 25, 2008.

1. I've researched this using "The Google" and had a few hits but nothing that's worked for me so far.

The problem is that the Patch Tool seems to be permanently stuck in *transparent mode* even when that box is not checked.

I've tried deleting the tool preferences both by restarting PS while holding down ctrl/alt/shft (5~6 times in a row) as well as going into the gizzards of the adobeCS3 folder in documents and settings and removing the tool pref file and then rebuilding it.

All to no avail.

I don't know for sure when the problem started because I don't use the Patch Tool that often but I do know that it used to work correctly.

I did just recently install x-rite i1 software and calibrate my monitor. I suppose I could go the additional step of uninstalling that and trying the Patch Tool again... ugh!... but I thought I'd ask here first.

2. What does transparent mode do? I've never tried it.

3. When the transparent box is checked the area selected for a patch is placed over the area needing the patch with a reduced opacity rather than as a direct replacement.

I don't use the patch tool that often but it does come in handy for quickly cloning out something that you don't want in a picture.

4. Ok, so I just dabbled with the Patch Tool in Transparent mode, and I can't see what on earth you'd use it for, but that's beside the point ...

Is the problem the same when the patch is set to both Source and Destination?

5. Yes... it seems to be *stuck* in transparent mode using either source or destination.

Transparent mode might be useful if you were attempting to replicate a texture but in non-transparent mode the patch tool really can be a quick and easy way to clone out a defect or replicate some thing in a picture... when it works.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.