Need Help with ID

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Sep 20, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Not sure what this is... sure someone here can tell me...

[​IMG]

Not the best bumped up the brightness so you could see it better

[​IMG]

ok and another fly shot.. think they look great on the mum

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

Tim

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing colors the fly has.

I think that is a moth of some type. Not sure of the bio name tho LOLOL..

Nice shots

3. Wonderful shots. I don't know the name of the moth but I too took some images very similar to this so will be waiting for the ID.

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    The first two pics are definitely of a butterfly--a folded wing skipper. Not certain beyond that, but perhaps close to a twin spot skipper or little glassy wing skipper should be in the ballpark (left field perhaps, but nevertheless in the ballpark). Hope this helps. Nice pics, all three.

5. Jerry is right. It is a member of the Hesperidae Family of Skipper Butterflies.

Use the web and type in 'Butterflies of North America.' Their are some excellent sites there, especially this one. As I do not know your state (CT) then I cannot help any more. www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/bflyusa/bflyusa.htm

BW. Bob F. UK.