Need help with Kata 102 tripod mount

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yahtzee, Apr 8, 2005.

1. OK - i love this bag tremendously but i cant, for the life of me, figure out how to attach the tripod to the exterior of the bag? i even saw some good pics on http://www.shuttertalk.com/articles/katar102/index.php but that doesnt even help....can anyone advise on how to accomplish this? It didnt come with instructions either. thanks,

2. dkapp

dkapp

Mar 18, 2005
    San Francisco
    I can feel your pain. I ordered a Kata rain cover, and it took awhile to figure out how to use it. When I finally posted my review on another forum, I found that I wasn't alone. Another person bought the rain cover for a Yosemite trip & ended up using it wrong all weekend.

Now on to your question...

I don't own the bag, but have looked at it several time trying to decide if I should buy it.

From what I can see by the pics, there should be a little pouch at the bottom of the bag where one tripod foot will fit. Then you will take the strap on the outside of the pack to secure the tripod against the bag.

Dave

3. Yeah - the pouch came with it and the straps did as well. thats were the simplicity ends...trust me, it isnt as easy as buckle clip to pouch and insert tripod.....the bag rocks, though...

4. For Dkapp,
    I am thinking about ordering the Kata E702 and E704. Is it not intuitive how to put them on? Please explain/advise how they should be used. Thanks,

Bernie